Honoring Our Heroes
Is your student interested in celebrating his or her everyday hero? Honoring Our Heroes is a great way to do so! Honoring Our Heroes is a writing contest designed for students to write about real-life heroes and role models.
This is a chance to recognize someone who has made a personal impact in your student’s life, such as a family member, doctor, public safety officer, soldier, or teacher. Also, a famous individual such as a professional athlete or movie star CAN be a personal hero, as long as they have made a positive impact on the student's life through their dedication, perseverance, or other characteristics and NOT strictly because of their fame.
- Students must do their own work, submissions can be typed or handwritten.
- One photo can be included but is not required.
- Each student submission cannot exceed 1 page (Front only - either handwritten or typed).
- Each student submission must include a filled out 2023-2024 HOH entry form - please do not staple and use a paper clip to submit.
- Essays and entry forms are due to the DCES PTA by February 9th, 2024 3рm.
- A basket will be available from Feb 5th 2024 to Feb 9th 2024 near the front office for students to drop off their essays along with the entry forms.
- Click here to download entry form.
- 1 winner from each grade will be selected by our DCES panel of judges and submitted to County.
- Forsyth County will host an "Honoring Our Heroes" Celebration for the winners and their heroes at the Junior Achievement Academy on Wednesday, March 20 beginning at 6:00 PM.
- The entries submitted will be published in a book and given to students and their heroes at the County reception.
Premium Level Sponsors
Basic Level Sponsors